Friday, February 10, 2012

"We've gotta get out of this place...."

"... if it's the last thing we ever do...."

Thank you John for showing up w/ your camera.  I'm glad I had a full work day yesterday.

What bothers me the most is at the beginning when the representatives state that there were no maps presented by "the school board", and that there was no communication.  There was at least one map, presented by Nancy and 2 of her colleagues.  Some people call the delegates' statements "lying".



I can accept that politics is dirty.  I can accept that people are going to get pissed and in each others' faces in official settings. I've done it myself and our own elected and appointed officials have squared off with me a time or two.  But at the end of the day we're all human beings who care about the same things even if we have different approaches.  My parents didn't raise me to behave as badly as the people here.    Thank you, DeKalb Delegation, for giving Dunwoody (Chamblee? Doraville? Anyone?  Bueller?) even more ammunition to support dividing the school districts.  If this is how DeKalb behaves when it comes to planning education, then for the sake of our resident families, our communities have to find a way to separate ourselves from this hopeless government by any legal and ethical means necessary.




If my gentle readers would kindly excuse me, I'm going to go throw up now.  Have a good weekend.

No comments: