Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Inspiration

I learned graphics the old-fashioned way:  apprenticing at the School of Hard Knocks.

My Uncle Charlie has been a commercial artist in New York City since I was born.  He always made sure I had art supplies to play with and to learn from.  Professional-grade markers and paper to calligraphy sets.  I learned how to draw different fonts, create effects with just ink and paper, and how to blend colors and draw what I could see:  either with my eyes, or just what was behind them.

It wasn't until years and years later that his influence became my living instead of just something to play with.  In fact, it was Chaz who developed the first draft of SDOC's corporate logo when I was just getting off the ground.

Chaz is (finally....) on Facebook.  (Thank you Cousin Janet for dragging your dad into this century.  How big was the monkey wrench????  ;-P   )

https://www.facebook.com/chaz.pastels






No comments: