Dunwoody Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
Sunday, August 14, 2016 @ 7:30 P.M.
North DeKalb Cultural Arts Center, Room 4
5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd,
Atlanta, GA 30338
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend
1. Announcements and introduction of distinguished visitors
2. Approval of minutes for July 10, 2016 meeting—Lindsay Ballow
3. DHA members servicing on city boards legal memorandum – Seth Weissman
This will be a major discussion as Mr. Weissman literally wrote the textbook on how civic groups and HOAs interact with local governments and the ethics/law involved. I expect it will be educational. The DHA anticipated there would be questions about its role back in 2008 when the vote for incorporation was looming and acknowledged that the advocacy and public sounding board would remain the same - just with a different government. DHA board also anticipated that some members would be elected to office and thus the rule was made to move any member in an elected office to be moved to "ex-officio" status.
4. Presentation – Transwestern development proposal for office tower at Perimeter Mall –Jessica Hill, Morris, Manning & Martin and Trent Germano, Transwestern Development Company
They're baaaaaack! This is the development group that wants to build an office tower in the Perimeter area but get a tax abatement at the same time. Michael Starling is supposed to have an explanation as to how this works and how the community benefits, but we have to wait until September to hear his side of it.
5. Presentation – Redevelopment proposal for property at the corner of Chamblee-Dunwoody and Mt. Vernon (currently a car wash)—Archie Archie Wanamaker, Crim & Associates and Michael Ritch SDG Engineering
For years, some in our community have complained about the presence of a car wash right across Mt Vernon from the Cheek-Spruill Farmhouse. It was the subject of an ill-advised boycott attempt in 2004. It looks like a developer wants to transform that corner into something new. This will be the first look at the vision for that corner that may inspire the rest of the Village.