What's left of Irma is supposed to come to town Monday afternoon. We're taking care of business Sunday night. DHA meetings are open to the public. Please come be part of the conversation.
Board of Directors Meeting
Sunday, September 10, 2017 @ 7:30 P.M.
North DeKalb Cultural Arts Center, Room 4
5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30338
1. Announcements and introduction of distinguished visitors
2. Approval of minutes for August 6th, 2017 meeting— Adrienne Duncan
3. Brief review of plans for city council candidate forums on October 15 – Robert Wittenstein
4. Update on Shops of Dunwoody items (Doggy day care and covenants) – Robert Wittenstein
5. Review and discuss Adopt-A-Spot at Peeler/Winters Chapel – Robert Wittenstein
6. Review and discuss proposed terms for support of Grubb Properties redevelopment plan for Perimeter Center Parkway East (Set of 3 mid-rise buildings currently housing City Hall) – Exec Committee
7. Request for sponsorship – Run Dunwoody, Rick Woods, Dunwoody Rotary
8. Request for support for Austin Elementary School Dunwoody Dash, Despina Lamas
9. Request for support for Kingsley Elementary School PTO, Erika Harris
10. Request for support for Peachtree Charter Middle School CV Classic, Allegra Johnson and Fran Bartel
11. Request for support for Spalding Garden Club Candlelight Home Tour – Mary Millar Request for support of effort to publish stories of Dunwoody centered around the life of Joyce Amacher, Lynne Byrd
12. Board only session: Votes as needed on any motions including:
Approval to proceed with Adopt-A-Spot plan ($5,000 included in budget)
Approval of sponsorship request, Rotary Run Dunwoody
Austin Elementary School request for funds ($1,000 included in budget)
Kingsley Elementary School request for funds ($1,000 included in budget)
Peachtree Charter Middle School request for funds ($1,000 included in budget)
Request for support of Spalding Garden Club (not budgeted)
Request for support for Joyce Amacher book (not budgeted)
Support or oppose Grubb Properties development of 41, 47 and 53 Perimeter Center East
Next meeting: Sunday, October 1, 2017
Friday, September 8, 2017
Monday, September 4, 2017
My good friend and Panhellenic colleague, Rebecca King, is running in City of Atlanta's District 7 race.
My job was to get this site up and functional, pronto. There's only two months in the election season and everything has to work yesterday.
This site is going to evolve over the next couple of months as more information is available and more events are scheduled.
I was provided with a logo and color scheme and the site was built to Rebecca's specifications.
The key item now is the Donations tab. That required an e-commerce solution to accept donations, a PayPal setup, and an SSL certificate for security.
Social media is alive and kicking too. You'll see campaign events planned and statements on the local issues as well as endorsements as the campaign goes on.
If/when Rebecca gets elected, the site can easily be converted to an elected official's portal.
Enjoy, and Happy Labor Day!
at 1:30 PM
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
If you're interested in joining the fray for three of our seven city council seats this November, today is your last day to get to City Hall and qualify. Get your district straight, make sure you've lived there for at least 6 months and you too can be a candidate. All of the excitement you can handle will set you back $360 for entering the race.
The rumors and backstories and questions about our current candidates are starting to fly. The DWG is staying tuned to watch how they develop. Yes the "home business activity" angle will come into the discussion. You have been warned.
Here's the lineup as of 10 AM today:
Pam Tallmadge (I) http://pam4dunwoodyga.us/ (Original campaign site from 2015)
Joe Hirsch http://www.dunwoodyjoe.com/
Jim Riticher (I) http://riticher.com/ (Original campaign site from 2013)
Bobby Zuckman No campaign website yet. Here's his LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertzuckman/
Tom Lambert http://www.votetomlambert.com/
Henry Bierenfeld No campaign website yet. Here's his LinkedIn profile:
at 10:12 AM