Friday, April 26, 2013

Starbucks who?

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when the Orchard Park Starbucks location closed.

But a new banner announces a new tenant for JavaU New York Butcher Shop that little spot on the corner between Jett Ferry and Mt. Vernon.


A Google search didn't turn up anything about this particular company so comments are welcome with more info.  Such as, is this a local shop, a local chain, or a growing regional/national chain.

Let's not forget Dunwoody Bakery also has high-end coffee available in a very comfy setting with all the amenities you need to go along w/ your cup 'o joe.  I snapped this shot below while looking for zucchini bread.  


While on the subject of coffee, I can't help but think of breakfast.  Saturday mornings.  And not having to trek into Sandy Springs or Norcross for chicken biscuits that my husband kids beg for.  The coffee isn't bad either.  The building is finished, the staff is hired, the Facebook promotions are rolling ahead.  The finishing touches are being added to the exterior as of this morning.



New pavement without crumbles, check.  Double drive-thru without taking over the entire parking lot, check.  Clear pedestrian crosswalks, check.  The beginnings of al fresco dining, check.  Spiffy new landscaping, check.  New Chick-fil-A location in Dunwoody's Williamsburg shopping area without having to brawl over zoning designation:  gold star.  Grand opening on May 2.  I'll be picking up chicken biscuits and big coffees in my slippers and pajama bottoms first thing on May 4.

1 comment:

Joe Seconder said...

Nothing against the fine folks at Dunwoody Bakery, but I just LOVE gluten in my breads, cookies, pies, cakes and scones... If Alon's were closer, I'd really be in trouble... I love the old-fashioned fresh-baked hard crusty rolls, that's soft on the inside. Then, just add a nice grilled bratwurst with spicy mustard, an ice-cold Pils and I'm in heaven!