Thursday, October 27, 2011

There goes the neighborhood....

www.briersnorth.org.
Get a good look because it's going to change soon.
Make sure to check out the Halloween info
and For Sale listings.
When I organized Briers North Halloween in the past, the person I inherited it from was adamant that there be no "advertising" - no Internet, media blackout in the newspapers and TV, everything.

Then a couple of years later I handed off the responsibility to another neighbor who isn't quite so concerned.

Thanks to some posts today on Facebook from Dunwoody Police and CVB, as well as some news last year, I guess it's officially "advertised" and I can chat about it.

Everything you need to know if you're planning to visit Briers North on Halloween is at www.briersnorth.org.  This was one of the first sites I created after moving to Dunwoody in 2004.  It's due for a tweaking and an upgrade.  I created this website with an extensive private back-end info system back in the day when both Joomla and Drupal and similar content management systems were in their infancy and had security holes wide enough to drive a truck through.  I didn't trust any of them.  WordPress was still only a blog and even then much more primitive than most blogs today.  So I created a custom database with a custom CMS that has worked continually these past 7 years.  My hand-built databases have never been hacked.  I'm still deciding what road to go down with this upgrade and redesign, so stay tuned.  Some other customers' projects are moving along toward their launch dates.

Be careful if you do a drive-by before Monday.  The streets are narrow and there are tons of kids and other folks out walking.

If you REALLY like what you see on Halloween, remember this neighborhood is here 364 other days of the year and is a great place to live.  There are 3 houses up for sale, plus one up for rent.  (One of them is a  behemoth with a pool, spa, and finished basement - perfect for a large extended family.)  Links to MLS listings are on the front page above.  We need neighbors as much as we love our visitors!

See you on Monday, 10/31!

"Princess Fiona"

No comments: