I'm running for the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners.
Please join me to kick-off my campaign and discuss the reforms needed in DeKalb County government.
Coffee Talk with Nancy
Thursday, September 4th
10am at Cafe Intermezzo
4505 Ashford Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30346
Sen. Fran Millar
Sen. Josh McKoon
Rep. Tom Taylor
Councilman Terry Nall
Councilman Denny Shortal
Councilman Doug Thompson
I'm backing Nancy in her run because:
1) She answers her own phone.
2) She returns calls and emails.
3) She does what she said she was going to do.
4) I have never known her to lie or steal.
5) She doesn't make excuses or justifications for bad behaviour because - she doesn't behave badly and then try to justify it somehow.
6) Everything she believes about how government should run is an open book. No secrets, no deception.
As a Dunwoody citizen, homeowner and business owner, I am beyond pissed at our (now former) commissioner and her staff. I have never felt so personally betrayed by a representative and their staff. Rubbing elbows at local campaign meetings, DHA meetings, city council, giving decrees and opinions as if they were the word of God and all the time they were ripping us off.
I believe Nancy is a hope for the transparency in government that we have been demanding but not getting.
There are still going to be questions from both within and without. First, be really clear about whether there are any conflicts between holding a seat on the Board of Commissioners and having your husband on the School Board. Second, be realistic about what one person can accomplish in the face of a majority of commissioners with different agendas and standards. (Just like the school board.)
I've cleared my calendar for tomorrow morning. See you at Cafe Intermezzo!!